Dr. Juan M. Talon
What would become Talon General Hospital was established as a residence clinic in 1948 exactly where the hospital is located today by Dr. Juan M. Talon. He was a pioneer in the Government’s Program of bringing health care to rural areas and characterized the “Barefoot Doctors” of that time.
In recognition of his dedication in the practice of his profession, Dr. Juan M. Talon was the “Bulwagan ng Dangal Awardee” of the Tarlac Medical Society in 31 January 2003. In turn, his intended legacy, which is the Talon General Hospital, was awarded the Best Phil. Health Accredited Tertiary Hospital in Region III last 14 February 2005.
TGH History Slide Show